Daifuku is made from glutinous rice flour, which gives it its soft and chewy consistency. It is often served with a sweet syrup or topping to enhance the flavors. This dessert is not only delicious but also visually appealing, making it a popular choice for special occasions or as a comforting treat on a cozy day.
In this section, we will explore the process of making Daifuku at home. From preparing the dough to shaping and cooking the dumplings, we will guide you through each step to ensure that your homemade Daifuku turns out perfect every time.
So, get ready to embark on a culinary adventure as we dive into the world of soft and glutinous Daifuku that you can easily make by yourself.
Glutinous rice flour 50g
Pure milk 85g
Caster sugar 25g
170g whipping cream
15g caster sugar
Glutinous rice flour (appropriate amount, this should be fried)
Tools to prepare:
1. Rolling pin (if it is wooden, you can wrap it with plastic wrap),
2. Egg beater (whip cream),
3. Disposable gloves (must use disposable gloves, otherwise it will stick to your hands)
1. You can mix cornstarch, glutinous rice flour, granulated sugar, and milk until the flour is dissolved in the milk. Cover with plastic wrap, put cold water on the pot and steam for 20 minutes on high heat (I steamed for about 25 minutes, poke it with chopsticks, if it is a bit hard, you can turn off the heat)
2. Add melted butter, knead the dough dough while it is hot (I use it first if it is too hot)Poke a few times with the high temperature resistant spatula, wait until the temperature can be tolerated by hand and bring-Disposable gloves start kneading, pulling back and forth and kneading for a while longer) put the dough that has been cooled to room temperature after mixing with butter into the refrigerator, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. After putting in the flour balls, you can start cutting fruit cubes. Mango and OllieThey are all delicious, choose according to your own taste
4. Put an appropriate amount of glutinous rice flour in the pot and stir-fry until cooked (keep stirring until the color start to turn yellow). put in a bowl to cool
5. Whipped cream➕fine sugar is passed over ice cubes. It can be hardened in hot weather. Put the whipped cream into a piping bag and put it in the refrigerator for later use
6. Divide the refrigerated dough into small doughs of 23g~25g, and press them into small doughs by hand. Thick cake shape, then roll thin with a rolling pin, dip one side with cooked glutinous rice flour, put on Daifuku mould. Squeeze the cream into the mould, put the fruit on it, and then squeeze the cream. then pinch likeJust pinch them together like buns, just cut off the excess with scissors