Halal Sichuan boiled beef and Halal Sichuan boiled fish are both made with authentic Chinese spices that give each dish a unique flavor and taste.
All ingredients that are used in the dishes can be acquired from Sichuan – even the spices and sauces.
Discussions have been happening all over China about the deliciousness of these two dishes. When Guangdongers eat them, they feel like they are eating their own cuisine! This proves how deeply ingrained into China's culture these dishes have become. There is no need to go abroad or to another country to experience different flavors or try new dishes because we can simply enjoy fresh Halal Chinese food at home in Guangzhou!
In this section, we are going to learn how to prepare a new dish - Halal Sichuan Boiled Fish. This dish simmers the fish in spices, vinegar, and soy sauce with blocks of cane sugar, peanuts and Tianjin preserved vegetables. We will use the following
- 500 grams of Picnic carp or any fish you prefer
- 50 grams of whole white pepper
- 40 grams of Sichuan Pepper
- 45 ml vinegar
- 45 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp ground roasted peanuts or regular peanuts for substitution purposes
- 6 tbsp of Tianjin preserved vegetable
1. Wash the fish in cold water and pat dry it with a towel.
2. Slice the fish into pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together crushed peanuts, white pepper, ground roasted peanuts, or regular peanuts, and Sichuan Pepper; add vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Dip the fish pieces one by one into the mixture, then set them on a tray until they are all done.
5. In a large pot, add water and bring it to a simmer on low heat
6. Add in sugar and mix well until dissolved
7. Place fish with the vinegar-soy sauce mixture into the pot and let simmer until the fish is cooked to your liking.
Halal Sichuan boiled Beef is popular in China and is typically served as a cold appetizer. It is made with beef, Sichuan pepper, salt, garlic, and ginger. In this section, we will learn how to cook Halal Sichuan boiled beef dishes. First of all, we need to cut the meat into small pieces and then mix it with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Secondly, put it in a pot of water until the meat becomes tender. Finally serve the dish cold with green onion on top.
-500g beef, sliced
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon Sichuan pepper
-2 tablespoons of ginger, finely grated
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-1/4 cup cooking oil
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-5 cups of water
Halal Sichuan boiled beef is very easy to cook and takes only 20 minutes. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Add the beef and the water together in a pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper powder, ginger, and garlic into the pot.
- Add green onion for flavor - Boil for another 5 minutes.