This is a recipe for a delicious, traditional Halal rice noodle roll. It's easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish. The wrap is made from rice noodles and filled with a mixture of vegetables and protein. This is my quick and easy recipe for Vegetable Spring Rolls. It's the perfect snack or appetizer to serve with a dipping sauce.
- 1/2 lb halal bacon meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces of rice noodle powder
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil, allowing the edges to overhang on the sides and crimping them tightly. Set aside.
2) In the baking dish, pour in the rice noodle powder with water mix as a thin to medium layer in the baking pan.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and cilantro leaves until the egg forms small clumps in the mixture and there are no lumps of raw egg in the whisked eggs. Add rice noodles powder to the mixture. Using your hands, mix until the mixture is evenly distributed.
4) Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Stir in the bacon, onions, and noodles to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5) Using a large spoon or spatula, scoop the mixture into individual bowls or onto plates. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish and serve immediately.