I used organic all-purpose flour bought at Costco to make delicious cranberry walnut bread😋
400g all-purpose flour
320 grams of water
Yeast 3 grams
5 grams of salt
100g walnut kernels
100g dried cranberries
1. Mix flour ➕yeast ➕salt ➕water and stir while adding water. This is a very wet dough;
2. Cover and ferment for 1.5 hours, then use a small tool to fold the dough a few times;
3. Cover and ferment again, then refrigerate overnight, usually 12 hours;
4. The next day, take it out and leave it at room temperature for 1 hour to warm up. Crush the walnuts slightly.
5. Sprinkle more flour on the chopping board, put the dough on it, stretch and fold it a few times and press it flat with your hands, put all the dried walnuts on it, fold it inside and roll it into a round shape:
6. Take a cast iron pot, put a large piece of baking paper inside, put the dough in, cover and ferment for about 1.5 hours, it will be obviously a circle bigger;
7. Preheat the oven to 425F, take out the dough first, put the cast iron pot on the stove to heat up over high heat, then put the dough back inside, spray some water on the surface, sprinkle some flour, use a knife to make a few cuts, and cover it;
8. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes, take off the lid, bake for another 10 minutes, take it out to cool and slice.