- Cut the following into small pieces: green pepper, onion, potato, carrot, garlic, ginger, chicken. Small pieces of ingredients can absorb the spices and present the flavors better.
- Heat up the pan first, then pour in the cooking oil (I use canola oil), pour in ginger, garlic, onion, green pepper, cook them until the delicious smell comes out and until the chicken color changes.
- Pour in potato, carrot pieces, one spoon of soy sauce, 2 to 3 spoons of salt, keep cooking until the chicken, potato, and carrots are cooked.
- After cooking add in pepper spice, black pepper spice and then pour them out into the plate.
- After washing and cleaning the rice. put them along with the water in the rice cooking pot so we can braise all the ingredients together. Pour in cooked chicken, potato and carrots pieces into the pot. The braised rice with chicken, potato and carrot will be done in 20 minutes.
Small tip: when cooking the chicken, in order to get rid of the chicken smell completely and adds in more flavor to the chicken, we can put in star anise spice when cooking the chicken pieces.
Anise is an herb. The seed and the oil is normally used to make the medicine. Anise is normally used for upset stomach, intestinal gas, runny nose, etc.. When it is used in dishes, it is used as an appetite stimulant.
For rice cooking pot, I personally recommend Aroma housewares 8-cup (cooked) / 2 quart digital cool-touch rice and food steamer.