Old Beijing has a lot of delicious food. For example, Donglaishun copper hot pot restaurant opened in Shanji Village. There is another one directly called Old Beijing Copper Hot Pot, and sesame paste is an essential part of the old Beijing hot pot
Speaking of sesame sauce, Beijing 28 sauce is definitely the most famous, so what is 28 sauce❓
There are many century-old brands on the streets of old Beijing. Such as the same-day grain promotion on Lama Temple Street. It's just for selling sesame paste, forty or fifty years of history.
According to the ratio of the grain store, the sesame sauce is two, and the peanut butter is eight. The proportion of sesame paste is small because sesame is easy to fry. It will increase the bitterness of the sauce, if you want a sweet taste, use more peanut butter. If you want more sesame flavor, use more sesame sauce. Many people are confused when they eat mutton at home Why does the good sesame paste you buy taste not the same? It is because the ratio may not match the taste at home. There used to be half and half sauce, Sanqi sauce. In fact, it is a different ratio with a different name. In the end, the most widely spread is 28 sauce, 28 sauce is more in line with public taste. Use it to cook mutton and eat it all the time, it tastes great
Most of the sesame paste in supermarkets now is pure sesame paste. You can eat 28 sauces by making them yourself.
Ingredients: sesame paste, peanuts, fermented bean curd, chives, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, vinegar, pepper oil, green onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper.
1. Mix together the tahini and peanut butter in proportion and stir until combined. Most of our family eats sesame paste, usually a total of three spoonfuls for two people. It's almost like half a bowl of sesame sauce.
(According to your own taste, if you like a little sweeter and smoother, you can use the standard ratio of peanuts 8 and 2 sesame seeds. If you like a strong fragrance and a mellow taste, you can use more sesame seeds, but the sesame seeds should not exceed 5, otherwise, it will be bitter.)
2. Add 2 pieces of Wangzhi fermented bean curd instead of fermented bean curd soup, add 1 tablespoon of white sugar, half a tablespoon of Wangzhi, and Chinese chives, stir well, and mix well.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. (After the first three steps are completed, it is in the state of Figure 1, and it is still a little solidified)
4. Boil it in a small amount and several times, keep stirring in one direction until it can flow, and it is basically done (⚠️ must be small and many times, otherwise the taste will be poor and not smooth)
(Pictures 2 to 4)
Steps that can be more fragrant:
5. Put a little oil in the pot, put a proper amount of onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaf, and star anise in the cold oil, and fry the oil on low heat for later use.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of Sichuan pepper oil, and stir evenly for later use. The slight hemp taste will be richer.
7. Put the cooking oil and pepper oil before step 4 (I put 5-7 at the end during the fat reduction period, because I want to reduce the heat recently)