Disclaimer: This website may contain affiliate links. Meaning if you click on an affiliate link at this website and then make a purchase of the recommended product or service, we may receive compensation.
3 ingredients Halal bef stew
July 25, 2021
Learn this easy halal beef stew dish that only needs 3 ingredients.
I was broke. Well that and the pandemic hit, and my fresh direct was taking a little too long. Fortunately, I had some frozen meats and fish, but had to figure out how to incorporate the 3 russet potatoes and a half a head of cabbage.
However we want to achieve even texture, unless you want soggy cabbage, rubber beef, with add a mashed potato, well you can’t really mess up 🥔, am I right ? ( crickets chirping). Anyway, we want soft, juicy cabbage, tender beef that you can actually cut with your teeth, and and nice chunky potato in a light broth, so we can all stomach it.
1 frying pan
1.5 pounds beef chopped in either small cubes or thin strips
.5 pounds cabbage
.5 pounds potato
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and Pepper to your desire, generally start out with 1 teaspoon each
1/2 cup of crushed onion
1 clove of crushed garlic
2 cups of water
1. Bring 2 cups of water in a pot to a simmer under medium heat.
2. Add in the cabbage and let it sit for about 6 min, or until it not too crunchy.
3. On a flat pan, fry your beef on high heat. Make sure before adding in the beef, that the pan is very hot and greased, or else it might not get a decent sear, For best result, make sure the beef is near frozen and hits the directly on the hot pan.
4. Fry for about 4 min or until there is searing on one side.
5. Pour the beef in to the cabbage and close the lid.
6. After about 10 min, add in the potatoes, make sure to mix all three together now. Let it cook under medium heat for 10 min.
7. Turn off the heat and add in the crushed onion, crushed garlic, paprika, dried oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, and let it sit for about 10 min.
Did You Read These Posts Already?